The scientific experiment represented by this research object pertains to the multi-wavelength study for a sample of the most isolated galaxies in the local universe. This study characterizes each galaxy of this sample through both the measurement of basic astrophysical properties:
- The equatorial coordinates in J2000 epoch
- The velocities in km/s (v)
- The dust extinction coefficient (ag)
- The axis ratio of the isophote 25 mag/arcsec2 (logr25)
- The apparent total B magnitude (BT)
- The morphological type (t)
and the calculation of the more complex properties:
- The distance in Mega parsecs (D)
- The corrected apparent B magnitude (btc)
- The optical luminosity in B-band (LB)
Specifically, this research object is focused on the calculation of the intrinsic luminosity in the Johnson B-band, in order to achieve it the measurement or calculation of all those astrophysical properties is needed.
All the data involved in the characterization of the sample are stored in a local relational MySQL database. To maintain up to date this database and to register all the updates properly is part of this scientific experiment.